Does your child love to dance or perform? Are they looking for another avenue to express their love for dance. Then, Illinois Youth Dance Theatre is for them. IYDT is a non-profit civic performing company with professional instruction, a chance to work with guest artists, and use of professional sets and costuming to experience the joy of intense and focused dance in a quality performance setting.
• Senior Company Members (Levels 7-9): 4 ballet technique classes, 4 pointe classes, 1 stretch class, and 1 contemporary class per week. Members with a minimum of two years previous contemporary experience are exempt from the contemporary requirement.
• Senior Apprentice Company Members (Level 6): 3 ballet technique classes, 3 pointe classes, 1 stretch class, and 1 Contemporary class per week.
• Senior Apprentice Company Members (Level 4 - 5): 3 ballet technique classes, 1 pre pointe classes, 1 stretch class, and 1 Contemporary class per week.
• Junior Company Members (Levels 3): 2 ballet technique classes per week and 1 contemporary class per week.
• Junior Apprentice Company Members (Level 1 - 2): 1 ballet technique class per week.
Classes must be taken at Illinois Dance Conservatory or a studio with comparable technique as approved by Artistic Director Alyce Keaggy Brinkmann.
• Dancers must attend all scheduled rehearsals
• All dancers must follow the attendance policy.
• All members must complete a membership packet.
• All members must pay yearly membership and production fees.
• All member families are required to volunteer a minimum of 8 hours per production.
• All members must participate in fundraisers.
• T-shirt and DVD from each production
• Use of all costuming and props for all productions
• One week advanced ticket sales for all productions
• Professional instruction
• $200-$400 Depending on roles cast.
• Membership registration and fees will be taken on audition dates
Rehearsals are generally scheduled to be held on Tuesdays from 8:15-9:15pm, Thursdays from 8:15-9:15pm and Saturdays from 12:00-6:00 pm depending on level and casting.
If you are interested in joining IYDT or if you have any other questions please contact 847.438.4500 X3 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.